Last Updated: Nov. 14th, 2023
subsidiaries (“Costway,” “we,” or “us”) collects, uses, and discloses information about you. This
media, or otherwise interact with us online.
If you create an online account with us, your contact information and account data (e.g., your name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number, and password).
- You may provide other profile information (such as date of birth, gender, location, and preferred language).
- Your payment information if you make a purchase through the Services. We use third-party payment processors (such as Klarna) to process your payments. These third parties will collect the information needed to complete your transaction with us, such as credit/debit card numbers, security/CVV codes, and expiration dates. Our payment processors may process your payment information in accordance with their own privacy policies. Costway does not have access to your complete payment information.
- Tax-related information, such as your social security number, entity identification number, or VAT registration number (or similar), which we will register and verify if you need to deal with tax-related issues.
- Your communications and contact history with us (such as emails, text messages, service call logs, chats, and instant messages, or communications with our social media channels).
- Other information you choose to provide (e.g., product reviews, forum posts, survey responses, promotional participation, and other user-generated content, including, but not limited to, images you upload).
Where applicable, we may state whether and why you are required to provide us with your Personal Information and the consequences of not doing so. For example, you may be required to disclose certain personal information in order for us to provide you with our services.
- Purchase history and saved items (e.g. items you have purchased, items you have added to your shopping cart, items you have removed from your shopping cart or items you have saved).
- Log data and device information (e.g., details about how you use the Services, IP address, date and time of access, hardware and software information, device information, device event information, unique identifiers, crash data, cookie data, location data, and page/product views or clicks).
- Geolocation information (e.g. IP address, browser information, cell phone GPS information, etc.).
- Information we may collect from third parties, including third-party services (for example, if you use your Google, Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter account to link, connect, or sign in to a service) or other sources (for example, contact information) from people who want to invite you to use the Services or brands we work with.
- Contact information (e.g., your name, email address, mailing address, and phone number).
- Social media accounts (such as your Twitter or Instagram account).
We use personal information for the following purposes or for purposes otherwise stated at the time of collection:
- Improving, monitoring, personalizing, and protecting our services. We have a legitimate business interest in improving our services and ensuring the safety of our users, including:
-Understanding your needs and interests and personalizing your service and communication experience.
-Sending you technical notifications, security alerts, and support and administrative messages.
-Detecting, investigating, and preventing security incidents and other malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or unlawful activities to protect the rights and property of Costway and others.
-Debugging to identify and fix errors in our services.
-Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activity related to our services.
- Research and development. We might utilize personal information for research and development endeavors to meet our valid business objectives. This includes the analysis and enhancement of our services and overall business, along with employee training. In the course of these efforts, we may generate or employ aggregated, de-identified, or otherwise anonymized data derived from the collected personal information. To achieve anonymization, we eliminate details that directly identify individuals. The resulting anonymized data may be utilized and disclosed to third parties for lawful business objectives, such as service improvement and business promotion.
- Marketing and Advertising. We, our service providers, and our third-party advertising partners may collect and use personal information for the following marketing and advertising purposes:
-Direct marketing. As permitted by law, we may send you direct marketing information, such as coupons, sweepstakes, etc., via email or other means.
Unless consent is required, we will carry out such marketing and advertising in accordance with our legitimate business interests. You can withdraw your consent at any time when we ask for it.
- Compliance and protection. We may use personal information for legitimate business interests to enforce and comply with our terms and policies and to protect us from legal claims or disputes, including:
-Protecting our, your, or others' rights, privacy, safety, or property (including by bringing and defending legal claims).
-Reviewing our internal processes for compliance with legal and contractual requirements and internal policies./*
-Detecting, investigating, and preventing security incidents and other malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or unlawful activities to protect the rights and property of Costway and others.*/
-Enforcing the terms and conditions of the Managed Services.
-Preventing, identifying, investigating, and deterring fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical, or illegal activities, including cyber attacks and identity theft.
Certain processing may also be required to comply with applicable laws, lawful requests, and legal processes, such as responding to subpoenas or requests from public authorities, and other legal obligations (e.g., maintaining transaction records).
We share personal information as described below or as otherwise set forth in this Policy:
- Personal information is shared between Costway and our current and future parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, and other companies under common control and ownership.
- Companies and individuals who help us deliver products to you, such as payment service providers, logistics professionals, repair and assembly providers, and delivery and freight companies.
- Professional service providers who help us run our business and provide support services to us, such as marketing companies (including email providers and mobile marketing providers), software vendors, and consultants.
- Advertising partners, including for interest-based advertising purposes as described above.
- If you submit a product review or post content in other public areas of our Services, we will share this information publicly on our Services.
- If you choose to use an integration that we offer on our Services, such as sharing your location through our Google Maps integration, we may share certain information with the integration partner.
- We may also share, collect, and process information with third parties, such as Klarna and/or your chosen payment plan or payment provider, who will independently process your information in accordance with their own privacy statements.
- We may disclose personal information if we believe the disclosure complies with or is required by any applicable law or legal process, including lawful requests from public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
- We may share personal information, property, and security with our users, the public, or others if we believe that your behavior is inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, if we believe that you have violated the law, or if we believe that it is necessary to protect Costway's rights.
- We may share personal information with our attorneys and other professional advisors if necessary to obtain advice or otherwise protect and manage our business interests.
- We may share personal information in connection with negotiations relating to mergers with other companies, the sale of company assets, financing, or the acquisition of all or part of our business.
- We may anonymize your personal information and share such anonymized information with third parties for any purpose permitted by applicable law.
From time to time, the Services may provide publicly accessible comments or forums. Any information you provide in these spaces may be read, collected and used by others who visit them. To request removal of your information from a blog, customer review or forum, please see thesection below. Please note that in some cases we may not be able to delete your information.
We employ suitable technical and organizational measures to safeguard your
information against unauthorized use, disclosure, and loss. In specific sections of our website, we
utilize encryption technology, including current industry-standard protocols, to secure the transmission
of personal information over the Internet. If you have any inquiries regarding the security of your
information, feel free to contact us.
We recommend that you take reasonable precautions to protect your password and computer to prevent unauthorized access to your account. If you're using a shared computer in a public setting, please ensure to log out of your account and close your browser window.
Modify your account information. If you have a Costway account, you can view and update certain account information by logging into your account. You may also contact us to request that your account be deleted. If we delete your account, you will not be able to access it.
Opt-Out of Marketing Communications. You can stop receiving direct marketing messages from us at any time by updating your preferences here or by clicking on any "unsubscribe" link in any marketing message you receive from ca. You can stop receiving direct marketing messages from us at any time by clicking on any "unsubscribe" link in any marketing message you receive from ca. It may take up to 48 hours to process your request and update our systems. If you ask us to stop sending you marketing messages, we will continue to send you administrative and service communications (such as order updates and other important or transactional information). If you use more than one name or e-mail address when communicating with Costway or using the Services, you may continue to receive communications from us to any name or e-mail address not specified in your opt-out request.
Online Tracking Opt-Out. You may choose not to have your personal information sold or processed for the purpose of targeted advertising and to limit interest-based advertising, as described in our Your Privacy Rights and Choices.
Opting Out of Text Messages. You may opt out of receiving text messages from Costway by choosing to unsubscribe when you receive such messages. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as emails about your account or our ongoing business relationship.
Opt Out of Mobile Push Notifications. With your consent, we may send push notifications to your mobile device. You may deactivate these messages at any time by changing the notification settings on your mobile device.
Personal Information Requests. Depending on your location and the nature of your interaction with our Services, you may request the following information related to your personal information:
- Access to a copy of the personal information we have collected about you. Where applicable, we will provide the information in a portable, machine-readable, easy-to-use format.
- Correct inaccurate or outdated personal information.
- To delete personal information that we no longer need to provide our services or use for other legitimate purposes.
- Other rights, such as to object and request that we restrict the use of your personal information, and, where applicable, you may withdraw your consent.
To exercise the above rights:
- Visit oursection.
- Contact us at [email protected].
Before responding to your request, we may verify your identity by matching any requested identifying information you provide with information we have about you. Depending on your jurisdiction, you may designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf. We will require the authorized agent to have written authorization confirming such authorization.
Costway will never discriminate against you for exercising any of these rights, but you may lose access to certain features or the ability to interact with certain programs or offers as a result of changes to the personal information Costway has access to after complying with your privacy request.
Right to Complain. You may make these requests to us by emailing us at [email protected] or calling us at 1-213-401-2666. If we receive a request from an authorized agent, we may ask for evidence that you have provided the agent with a power of attorney or that the agent has valid written authorization to submit a request to exercise your rights on your behalf. If you are an authorized agent seeking to make a request, please contact us.
Your Choices Are Limited. In some cases, your choices may be limited, such as when fulfilling your request would harm the rights of others, our ability to provide the Service you have requested, or our ability to comply with legal obligations and enforce our legal rights. If you are not satisfied with the way in which we have dealt with your request, you can submit a complaint by contacting us at [email protected].
We provide coupons and discounts to prospective and current consumers of
Costway. Through our coupons and discounts, some consumers provide us with some personal information
(e.g., email addresses) when they opt-in to our coupon or discount programs. As such, under the CCPA,
our coupon and discount programs may be considered a financial incentive provided in exchange for the
collection and retention of personal information.
We offer these programs to enhance our relationship with you so you can enjoy more of our products at a lower price. There is no obligation to opt-in and consumers may opt-out at any time. The details of each program are contained in each such program offering.
The consumer data received in exchange for your participation is dependent on a number of factors, including, for example, whether and to what extent you take advantage of any offerings and whether and to what extent you opt out of any offerings, but is roughly equivalent to the value of the coupon or discount offered.
Our coupons and discounts are voluntary, and you can opt-in to, or opt-out of, our programs at any time through the same means they are offered, or by contacting us at [email protected].
Last Updated: Nov. 14th, 2023
- A cookie is a text file stored by a website on a visitor's device, serving to uniquely identify the visitor's browser. It retains information or settings in the browser to enhance navigation across pages, remember preferences, enable features, comprehend activity and information patterns, and facilitate online advertising.
- Local storage technologies, such as HTML5, offer functionality similar to cookies but can store substantial amounts of data, including data associated with a specific application on a device beyond the browser.
- Web beacons, also known as pixel tags or transparent GIFs, are utilized to verify the visitation or opening of a web page or email, or the viewing or clicking of specific content.
Collectively, we refer to these technologies as "cookies."
Cookies are used by us, our service providers and our advertising partner campaigns to automatically record information about individuals' interactions with our services and communications, such as:
- Device information, such as computer or mobile device operating system type and version, manufacturer and model number, browser type, screen resolution, RAM and disk size, CPU usage, device type (e.g., cell phone, tablet), IP address, unique identifiers (including those used for advertising purposes), language settings, mobile device operator, Radio/network information (e.g., WiFi, LTE, 3G), and general location information (e.g., city, state, or geographic area).
- Online activity information, such as the pages or screens viewed, the amount of time an individual spends on a page or screen, the path you take to browse or visit our site, the navigation path between pages or screens, information about the activity on a page or screen, the time of visit the duration of the visit, and whether an individual opens our marketing emails or clicks on a link therein.
We use two types of cookies, persistent cookies, which remain on your device for a period of time until you delete them, and session cookies, which are automatically deleted when you close your web browser. As an example, we use persistent cookies to save your choice of language and country location. These cookies are either set by us (known as first-party cookies) or by a third party in response to a request from us (known as third-party cookies) and are placed when you use our website.
- Indispensable. These cookies are essential for you to interact with the basic functions of Costway. For example, they enable you to navigate the site and securely access key areas such as the shopping cart. In addition, essential cookies help maintain the security features of the site.
- User preferences. These cookies help us remember your preferences to ensure that your website experience is tailored to your unique needs. They allow the Site to remember which items you have recently viewed so that certain interactions (such as searches) can be performed more quickly. These cookies are also used to save your personalized preferences.
• Analytics. These cookies transmit data to Costway for customer behavioral analysis, which allows us to learn from your interactions and improve each user's experience on the Site. For example, this data helps us gain a deeper understanding of how users find information and which areas of the Site are most helpful to them. In this way, we are able to evaluate the performance and functionality of our website and continue to develop, customize and improve our services and products. Specifically, we use Google Analytics to collect information about how users use our services and then use this information to produce reports that show trends without revealing the identity of individual visitors and help us improve our services. For more information about Google Analytics, please click here. Google's privacy practices can be found here. You can opt out of Google Analytics by downloading and installing the browser plug-in.
- Ad customization. These cookies are required to ensure that Costway advertisements on our partner sites are customized to your individual interests. These cookies track your browsing habits to ensure that the ads you see match your needs.
We may also use web beacons in promotional emails and other communications so that we can count the number of people who read them and verify clicks on links in emails. We, or our marketing service providers, use this information to help us evaluate the effectiveness of our email marketing campaigns, understand what types of emails and content are of interest to recipients, and what actions recipients take. This helps us improve future email marketing campaigns and make our emails more relevant to the needs of our recipients. If you do not wish to have web beacons loaded on your device, you can choose to receive emails from us in plain text rather than HTML.
Depending on where you visit the Services, you may encounter cookie banners or other tools to obtain your consent before setting up non-essential cookies. In such cases, we will only set these non-essential cookies with your explicit consent, which can be revoked at any time, effective in the future, if you so choose, by clicking on the Cookie Settings link in the footer of the Site. You can also visit oursection for more information about the cookies used and your options to opt-out.
You can also limit online tracking in the following ways:
- Managing Cookies in Your Browser. Most browsers allow you to delete or reject cookies, including those used for interest-based advertising, by following the instructions in your browser settings. Many browsers accept cookies by default until you change them. For more information about cookies, including how to see what cookies are set on your device and how to manage and delete them, please visit https://www.allaboutcookies.org. Please use the following links for more information about controlling cookies and online tracking through your browser:
- Managing Ad IDs in Mobile Devices. Your mobile device settings may contain features that restrict the association of Ad IDs with your mobile device for interest-based advertising purposes.
- Use a privacy plug-in or browser. By choosing to use a privacy-enabled browser (such as Brave) or installing a browser plug-in (such as Privacy Badger, Ghostery, or uBlock Origin) that is configured to block third-party cookies/trackers, you can effectively block our website from setting cookies for interest-based advertising.
- Advertising Industry Opt-Out Tools. You may also use the following opt-out options to limit the participation of companies using your information for interest-based advertising:
- Platform Opt-Outs. Some of our advertising partners offer opt-out features that allow you to choose not to have your information used for interest-based advertising, including:
Please note that because these opt-out mechanisms are specific to the devices or browsers that implement them, you will need to opt out on each browser and device you use.
Do Not Track. Our Site does not support Do Not Track (DNT) at this time. DNT is a privacy preference you can set in your web browser to indicate that you do not want certain information about your web page visits tracked and collected across websites. For more details, including how to turn on Do Not Track, visit www.donottrack.us.
Impact may collect personal information when you interact with our digital property, including IP addresses, digital identifiers, information about your web browsing and app usage and how you interact with our properties and ads for a variety of purposes, such as personalization of offers or advertisements, analytics about how you engage with websites or ads and other commercial purposes.
For more information about the collection, use and sale of your personal data and your rights, please use the below links:
We use Facebook as an advertising service provider and utilize its web beacons (i.e., Facebook Pixel) in
order to serve personalized ads on the Facebook platform. To accomplish this, we may use and share
information related to how you use Costway, as well as certain personal information about you, through
the Facebook Pixel and by sending information directly from our servers. This allows Facebook to assist
us in serving more relevant ads and generating anonymous metrics and analytics, including conversion
statistics related to advertising campaigns. They do this by using beacons to control how often you see
ads, to understand what products you may be interested in, and to evaluate the effectiveness of specific
ads in driving users to purchase.
For online behavioral advertising, we also use Facebook's Custom Audience tool. We generate hashes of your data (which may include name, email address, gender, date of birth, phone number, city, state and zip code) and send them to Facebook for analytics and marketing purposes. Facebook compares the hashes to hashes of its existing user data to see which users are our users as well as Facebook users. We can see if a match exists and adjust our advertising strategy based on the results.
We use Microsoft Bing's advertising platform, specifically Bing's search-related advertising and
conversion tracking, for advertising campaigns on our Costway assets. We use Bing's web beacons to help
personalize ads, optimize campaign effectiveness and reduce costs, and to generate anonymous metrics and
analytics, including conversion statistics related to ad campaigns. Through the use of beacons, they can
limit how often you see ads, learn about products that may be of interest to you, and evaluate the
effectiveness of specific ads in driving user purchases.
When you use the Costway website, you may also receive cookies from third parties (e.g., Livechat, Safeopt, Crisp, Extend.) The information collected by these third-party cookies is subject to their privacy policies. Some of the reasons we may use third-party cookies include:
- To allow our business partners to perform analytics and collect information and provide services to you.
- To share information with third parties to understand how you use the Costway website in order to gain insights and marketing information.
- To assist social networks in better understanding how users interact via the Internet.
- Optimize the Costway website.
- Remember your user preferences and login information.